This week in Maui, the Maui Times came out with THE BEST OF MAUI and listed the top five in many different categories from Chefs to Pet Shops. You name it, it was listed. We are proud that our Bride Trainer and Minister Julie Audino was one of the top five Yoga Instructors. If you are going to be a bride this year, you should check out her BRIDE 90 package. It will get you in the best shape ever.
We thought, at Maui Aloha Weddings, that we would look into some top 5’s too for weddings. We didn’t want this to be our opinions so we did some research and this is what we found.
TOP FIVE BEACHES IN MAUI
1. Kaanapali Beach – Similar to Waikiki Beach. Unfortunately, you may only use Kapalua Bay, Ironwood, Fleming and Napili Bay to get married on as all other beaches have restrictions on Weddings.
2. Keawakapu Beach – is between Kihei and Wailea and is one of the beautiful South Maui beaches. Yes, you can get married there.
3. Kapalua Beach – is by Kaanapali and is a beautiful beach. You can get married at Kapalua Bay.
4. Kahekili Beach – named after the former King of Maui – is further up from Kaanapali Beach. Mostly known for its great snorkeling.
5. Napili Bay – is beautiful and is available for weddings.
I do want you to know that this changes year after year and many other beaches in North and South Maui have made the top beach list often.
TOP FIVE WEDDING LOCATIONS:
1. Makena Cove – once known as secret beach is no longer a secret. It’s a beautiful, picturesque place to marry as long as you don’t mind sharing the location with other weddings.
2. Oluwalu Plantation – is a beautiful sunset wedding site that can accomodate many guests for those big wedding parties.
3. Kapalua Bay – makes its second appearance in a top five list. Warning to all brides though – this beach is getting very popular and has many weddings at one time.
4. The Plantation House – On a beautiful golf course over looking the ocean – it’s a beautiful setting in Kaanapali.
5. Gannon’s Restaurant – in Wailea is also on a high knoll overlooking the ocean.
TOP FIVE WEDDING HOTELS:
1. Four Seasons in Wailea
2. Sheraton Maui in Kaanapali
3. The Westin in Kaanapali
4. Makena Beach and Golf Resort in Wailea/Makena
5. The Ritz Carlton in Kapalua
TOP FIVE RESTAURANTS (for wedding dinners not receptions)
1. Mama’s Fish House in Paia
2. Lahaina Grill in Lahaina
3. Mala Ocean Tavern in Lahaina
4. Nick’s Fish Market in Wailea
5. Hali’imaile’s General Store in Makawao
And last but not least – TOP FIVE HONEYMOON HOTELS:
1. Ritz Carlton in Kapalua
2. Four Seasons Resort in Wailea
3. Honua Kai Resort in Kaanapali
4. Wailea Beach Marriott in Wailea
5. Grand Wailea in Wailea
Best wedding company – MAUI ALOHA WEDDINGS! Yes, this was our opinion but not a bad one.
Have a great week!